Isfana settlement was formed in the 16th century. In 2001, Isfana was awarded status of a town, and is subordinated to the district or Rayon. Isfana City Administration also covers the towns of Murza-Patcha, Samat, Chimgen, Ak-Bulak, Tailanm and Golbo.
The Isfana town is located in the western part of the Batken oblast, at a distance of some 150 km of form the oblast center, Batken town. The Osh ? Isfana highway passes thru the rayon?s centers of Nookat, Kadamdjai, Batken rayons, and partially thru the area of Sogdiyskaya oblast of Tajikistan.
Nearest railway station is located 45 km away in the village Proletarsk of Sogdiyskaya in Tajikistan and there is also a narrow gauge railway line in Sulukta town some 14 km away.
There is an airport in the town, which will be able handle air flights when its runaway has been renovated.
The town is located at the northern spur of Turkestan mountain range, with an elevation of 1,350 meters above sea level. Winter period is relatively short and comparatively warm. Spring and autumn is usually rainy and the summer is hot and dry.
Total Urban area under governance of the Isfana Town Administration
The land is fit to growing all types of grain, vegetables, potatoes, fruit, melons and gourds and oil-producing crops.
The population size, according to the Isfana Town Administration in the beginning of 2005 is
? 26,915 people. Urban population is 17,915 people and rural ? 9,000 people. There are more than 13,000 employed people.
There are 8 ethnic groups in the town: Kyrgyz 13522 people (50.2%), Uzbeks ? 13.122 people (48.6%), Tatars ? 99 people (0.3 %), Tajiks ? 74 people (0.2 %), Russians ? 44, Kurds ? 33 people, Bashkirs ? 8 people and Kazakh ? 66 people. There are also 7 people of other nationalities.
Rough Estimate (''000s)
Children under 16
Women from16 to 55
Men from 16 to 55
Women above 55
Men above 60
Population Employment Category
Pre-school children from 1 to 6
Schoolchildren of age 6-16
1.415 (298 from other places)
People employed in education sector
People employed in health sector
People employed in industrial sector
People employed in agricultural sector
People employed in service sector
Adults, not included into other categories (housewives, etc.)
Output analysis for 2001?2004 is presented in the table below (in millions soms).
% of total based on year 2004
Total output, including:
- user charges
- agricultural gross output
- industrial gross output
There are public organizations, private businesses, administrative structures of ministries and departments in Isfana.
- Building organizations ? 2
- Transport organizations ? 1
- Small enterprises ? 20
- Co-operatives ? 3
- Utility and communication enterprises ?2
Main enterprises, their product, and types of enterprises? ownership:
Production of construction materials:
JSC ?Isfana? - building and assembly jobs. Form of ownership is collective. It owes brick plant which outputs 1 millions bricks a year.
JSC "Ak-Tilek" - construction of highways, bridges, water pipe lines and other earthworks. Form of ownership is collective.
JSC "Intymak" produces ready-made garments. Form of ownership is collective. Due to lack of funds and materials it is not currently operational.
Laylyad rayon printing-house. Form of ownership is public. The technical condition of the plant is poor; it requires capital renovation of building and equipment.
Currently, there are 20 small enterprises registered with the Isfana city administration, of which 6 are operational, they are:
- "Ata-Zjurt" a publisher
- "Agroservis" car maintenance
- "Birlik" car maintenance
- "Ruzakhun" hotel
- "Zjazaat" Ltd mining of quartz sand.
- "Kamal" Ltd is a hairdressing salon and mini-market for grain and flour.
IT SHOULD BE noted THATthe full ECONOMIC POTENTIAL IS NOT BEING FULLY REALIZED.
In the area of Town Administration, there is a deposit of quartz sand located on the eastern side of Jaramansan-Sai canyon. In the mouth of the river Isfana-Sai there is construction limestone gravel deposits.
There is a clay-pit with of 3 million m3 volume.There is an area of 1 hectare which belongs to the Town Administration.
Agricultural produce includes: numerous type of vegetables, melons and gourds, fruit, grain and oil-producing crops. Residential land is mostly dry land, upon which they grow grain (wheat, barley) and oil-producing crop (sunflower). Within recent years residents have grown mostly sunflower due to the suitable climatic conditions. Therefore, an oil-pressing mini-plant is needed.
There are 50 mineral water-springs of clean therapeutic water suitable for bottling and other industrial and technical purposes.
Many local people have carpet weaving skills so there is an opportunity to open a carpet workshop.
- Majority of people there are involved in cattle breeding, therefore meat processing plants are required.
- Geographical location of the town and the transport communication with Tajikistan and Uzbekistan create the prerequisites to develop large wholesale market and Free Customs and Excise zone ?Economic Zone?.
BANKS AND OTHER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS:
- Laylyak Branch of ???? ????????-?????????????? ????????
- Isfana Savings Bank of Sulyukta Branch ??B ?Kyrgyzstan?
- 4 credit unions
- Branches: Finca, Kyrgyz Agricultural Financial Corporation, Ak-maral- South
Business development organizations:
- Business center ?Ilek-Ilek?
- Rayon employment center
3. LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE
Town Kenesh (Parliament) consists of 21 members. Chairman of the Town Kenesh is Isabekov U.I. The following permanent commissions were formed from the Kenesh members:
- Commission of Health, Education, Environment, Culture, Sport and Tourism Issues,
includes 5 Kenesh members. Chairman ? Sharipov H.
- Commission for Human Rights, Legal issues, Kenesh Members? Ethics, Public Organizations and Local Governance Issues
- Commission for Industry, Construction, Transport, Communication and Agricultural Issues includes 5 members. Chairman ? N. Usarov .
ORGANIZATIONS PROVIDING PUBLIC SERVICES IN THE TOWN
No. of staff
Isfana Town Administration
Rayon Department of Culture (rayon library, children library) (public ownership)
Rayon department on architecture and construction (public ownership)
Rayon committee for the tourism and sport (government property)
Rayon Department of the Social Protection (public ownership)
Rayon Social Fund Department (public ownership)
Rayon Education Department (public ownership)
Territorial Hospital and FMC (public ownership)
Rayon Employment Center (public ownership)
Rayon Department of State Registration Department (public ownership)
Rayon Electric Grid, Branch of ?Oshelectro? (public property)
Lyeilek Rayon Department of Internal Affairs (public ownership)
Lyeilek Rayon (public ownership)
Leilek Rayon Fire Department -74 (public ownership)
Rayon Department of National Security Board of the KR (public ownership)
Lyeilek Civilian Registry Office (public ownership)
Lyeilek Rayon Notary?s Office (public ownership)
Lyeilek Rayon of Transport Inspection (public ownership)
MUNICIPAL ENTERPRISES AND ORGANIZATIONS:
No of staff
JSC ?Leilek ? Communalshik?
- Further development of departments of Local Governance Bodies (LGB) providing utility services to the population (saunas, etc).
- Creation and development of condominiums in the town.
- Create a legal framework for municipal property in the Town Administration, and further develop and improve the operation of the municipal property department of Town Administration.
- It is necessary to undertake some measure for increase community involvement.
- Provision of modern office equipment at all level of governance in order to provide a good quality of service to the population
- Professional development for local governance staff.
4. PUBLIC SERVICES
Territorial hospital serves residents of rayon and the towns. The Family Medicine Center (FMC) provides outpatient care. There are 5 Family Group Practices operating in the FMC.
HEALTH CARE FACILITIES:
Types of Services
Inpatient services to the population, beds-245, 36 doctors, 250 nurses, 14 departments.
Family Medicine Center
Primary care services, health promotion and disease prevention services, immunization, sanitation and hygiene protection of population. Number of enrolled population ? 67,000. Infant mortality ? 24.3 (national rate ? 21.7; oblast rate ? 25.6).
Mothers mortality rate - 0
Immunization plan for infants under 1 was 84.5% complete. For children from 1 to 7 ? 79.0%, in 2004.
Sanitary Epidemiological Station
Sanitary and epidemiological surveillance.It serves the population of the Leilek rayon, it has sanitary bacteriological laboratory (disease diagnostics and research), and sanitary hygiene laboratory (for testing the quality of food, water, etc.)
1. Medical equipment for complete examination of patients is needed: bronchoscope, gastrofibroscope, cystoscope, portable X-ray device, ultrasound equipment, ECG encephalograph, ECG equipment, and binocular microscope.
2. Lack of funds to buy drugs to carry out first aid.
3. Gas blood analyzer is needed.
4. Lack of funds to buy magazines and journals related health in order to maintain and improve the education of the health professionals.
5. Doctors need in-service training.
Rayon Education Department together with Isfana Town Administration work with schools and kindergartens located in the area of the Town Administration.
Education Facilities and Number of Students
Seats / Children
Schools ? 14
Including secondary schools
Elementary School- 2
5,060 / 6,364
4,950 / 6,283
110 / 81
Kindergartens ? 2
350 / 330
Education Facilities and Number of Students
(Institution of Higher Education and Mid-level Education, Vocational Lyceums)
Leilek Institute of Humanities and Pedagogic under Osh State University (Kyrgyz language, history, biology, pedagogics, and international attitudes)
Leilyek Branch of the International Academy of Management, Law, Finance, and Business (accounting, and analysis of business management)
Vocational Lyceum ? 48 (seamstress, carpenter, electrician, driver)
Children and Youth Sports School: 15 / 215 students
Children Educational Center ?Meriim? 19 study groups / 525 students
Music School for Children: 11 teachers/ 100 students
1. 50% of schools premises require major repairs
2. Insufficient provision of school furniture, textbooks and training manuals
3. Absence of equipment for the laboratory and practical classes
4. Shortage of qualified staff due to low wages.
The rayon central library possesses 42,515 books, children library 27,206 books, Samat village library ? 8,979 books.
There are the Historical Museum, Museum of Fame, and Museum of I.Razzakov, all of which make a significant impact on the dissemination of historical knowledge, in patriotic and aesthetic development of the younger generation. Secondary school students, students of institutes of higher education, vocational schools, visitors and townspeople visit the museums. Up to 2,600 people a year visit the museums, including 360 people individually and 2,240 thru special excursions. All the museums were established in 1986. The total floor area is 13.60 ?2 and includes three exhibition rooms.
There is a park of recreation and culture with an area of 7 hectares. Seven attractions have been installed in the park but they all require repairs.
There is a teacher training music school in the town (accordion, komuz, piano, rubob and daira)
1. Loudspeaker equipment is required with power of 1 kW, for conducting public events at the stadiums, and other open areas, and sound-recorder for organizing a studio.
Central library requires a new building, money to replenish the book stocks with modern educational and fiction literature, and computer equipment.
3. Museums need budget financing.
4. Park of Recreation and Culture is financially self-sustainable. In order to increase and diversify leisure time activities, the park needs some new attractions (there are currently only 7 attractions in the park).
5. There is a lack of musical instruments and furniture. There is no specialist to fix musical instruments. Construction of a new building is required.
SPORTS FACILITIES (located in the town):
1. Town stadium 1 (for 5,000 seats)
2. Football field 3
3. Basketball field 2
5. Gyms 5
6. Sports complex 1
1. Insufficient provision of sports equipment.
2. The Town stadium requires overhaul (spectators seats in the stand and administrative building) and an irrigation system is needed forthe football ground.
JSC ?Leilek-Kommunalshik? serves 19 multi-story apartment houses, including 14 in Micro district 1 on the east side of town, and 5 are located in the older part and town center. Number of apartments 304, total area 15,981.28 ?2, residential area 9,165.60 ?2. 10 apartments which are not privatized with total area ? 525.70 ?2, residential area ? 301.50 ?2.
No. of residential houses? 5,154, with total area ? 387,580.8 ?2, residential area ? 315,940.2 ?2.
There is a functioning condominium - ?Khan-Shyrdak?, which serves 16 apartment houses.
1. Bills outstanding from population for services are 3,000soms as at January 2005.
2. Shortage of finance for capital repairs of roofs of multi-story apartment blocks and utility equipment (replacement of pipes, water valves, heating valves, etc).
4.5. SOCIAL SECUTRITY
Isfana Town Administration and Rayon Social Security Department are responsible for the implementation of the national, and oblast social support programs.
There are some programs for supporting poor people, such as subsidizing utility costs, electricity fees, and some health care programs. During 2004 townspeople were provided with support amounting to 50,500 soms, funded from the municipal budget.
Poverty Rate as for 2005
Families / people.
Extremely poor families with incomes of 396 soms or less per month
1,767 / 8,640
Poor families with incomes up to 657 soms per month
670 / 3,184
1. Impossibility to provide jobs for everyone.
2. Rehabilitation center for children is required.
3. Nursing home is required for single, aged people.
Leilek Rayon Employment Center deals with unemployment issues in Town administration. There are 17 thousands of work capable (employable) people. 578 people are currently registered in the Employment Center list of unemployed.
Number of unemployed in the period of 1997-2004
No. of unemployed
In order to support the unemployed people, Leilek rayon Employment Center gives micro-credits. So, 5 unemployed citizens received micro-credits amounting to 30,000 soms, in 2004. One of the main active policies of the Town Administration in the labor market is the creation of new jobs. Despite the limited financial position of the Town Administration, it undertakes certain measures and supports enterprises and organizations in creating jobs for the unemployed and for people experiencing difficulties in finding a job. 237 new jobs were created by Town Administration:
- 17 jobs in enterprises and organizations
- 95 jobs in small to medium businesses
- 14 jobs due to attracting investments
- 59 jobs in agriculture
- 52 jobs due to the employment fund
1. Lack of jobs.
2. Low salaries.
3. Lack of qualified personnel.
Isfana Town Administration authorizes the opening of markets and controls their operation.
There are 4 fixed retail markets (2 markets are private and 2 are co-operatives).There are also 81 shops, and 1 kiosk (small shop). More than 500 people are involved in the entrepreneurial activities in these markets. In 2004, the retail commodity circulation was 102 millions soms, which was 5% higher compared to the previous year.
1. There are some problems with Customs and Excise when goods are exported or imported across the borders withTajikistan and Uzbekistan.
2. High interest rate of loans.
Town Vodokanal is a specialized enterprise, which supplies all drinking water. There are 13,120 customers of Vodokanal: population
13,091 and organizations and facilities ? 29. Vodokanal?s fixed assets are valued at 266,177 soms. There are 1,390 water taps in Isfana 1,362 in residential houses and 28 for public use (street taps): 487 residential and 6 street taps are located in the Micro District-2 in the north east of the town, 217 residential and 5 street taps are located in the Micro District 1 in the eastern part of the town, and in the center of the town there are 658 residential and 17 street taps.
Isfana Town Kenesh in agreement with Batken Oblast Anti-monopoly Department approves water tariffs. Tariffs for using water from residential taps are 3.90 soms, from street taps 7.80 soms, for organizations - 3.90 soms
Three wells supply drinking water to the town:
1. Well Kontora water is pumped from 2 wells.
2. Well Micro-district 2 water is pumped from 2 wells, one however is not operational,
3. Well Pilol water is pumped from 1 well
4. Well Chulgon water is pumped from an open spring
The daily volume of water supplied to the population, budget organizations and institutions is 6,000 ?3 a day.
The length pipewater pipe network in Micro District 2 is 27 km, in Micro
-District 1 is 7 km, and in the center of the town 29 km. The first water pipes were laid in the period 1957-1970, and 70-80 % of them are deteriorated badly. The quality of the drinking water supplied by Vodokanal complies to the standards 214?559-96.
The financial situation of Vodokanal: There are 13 schools in the Town Administration, and only 8 receive water. For example, Town Administration planned to use only 20,000 soms worth of water a year, but actually 160,000 soms worth of water was used.
Actual revenues in 2004 were 300,000 soms, actual expenditure 500,000 soms, losses were 200,000 soms.
MAIN PROBLEMS :
1. As for.12.1.04 accounts receivables amounted to 371,725 soms, including 146,175 soms from budget organizations, population 110,000 soms and other organizations 105,550 soms.
2. Deterioration of water pipes and stop valves.
3. Absence of water meters at the well and in people?s houses.
4. Lack of irrigation water in Micro District 1, thus people use drinking water to irrigate their land.
5. Deterioration and shortage of pumping equipment; in the center of the town near rayon administration ESV-10 pump is required; ESV-12 pump is required to Micro
6. Lack of excavation equipment and specialized equipped vehicles.
7. Well Chulgon requires overhaul and construction of a dam since this well is located in the path of potential mudflows.
8. Lack of irrigation water
9. Insolvency of population
An Association of Water Users ?Too Jaloo? was created in Town Administration to supply irrigation water to fields and farms of Isfana town and the villages of Murza-Patcha, Samat, Chimgen, Tailan, A-Bulak and Golbo. The following are on its balance sheet:
Canals ? 20.53 m; Aryk (small irrigation ditches) networks ? 79 km, including:
Isfana ? 54.3 km; in villages Golbo ? 1.7 km; Tailan ? 4 km; Chymge ? 7 km; Samat ? 9 km; Murza-Patcha ? 3 km.
Pump stations ? 5, including: in Isfana? 3; in village Chimgen? 1; in the village Murza ? Patcha ? 1.
Electrical power is supplied by Osh Eletr of Leilylesk Rayon Electric Station. The length of the town?s high voltage (HVL) 10 kv lines is 48.62 km, (HVL) 0.4 kv ? 128.98 km. No. of operational transformer sub-stations is 94.
1. All cites require 50% reconstruction.
2. Installation of 9 additional substations is required in the villages of A-Bulak (1-100kv), v. Tailan (1-250kv), Jany-Adad (1-250kv), Uzun-Sai (1-100kv), Vetlechebnitza (1-100kv), Chimgen (1-100kv), Center (1-250kv, Chynar (1-250kv) Micro District-1 (1-250kv).
3. Accounts payable as at 12.01. 04 was 18,198,700 soms.
4. A limit of power consumption for 2004 was imposed and set as 246 mil kw/hour
JSC ?Leilek-Communalshik? used to provide sewerage services but
, currently there no mains sewerage services available in the town. There are some sewerage systems in multi-storey blocks of apartments and the Territorial Hospital in Micro District-1, theyuse one septic tank for each block and covers 150 customers. Due to lack of funds and deterioration of sewerage systems, the sewage systems are not operational. Also there is insufficient funds to remove liquid sewage waste, since the cost of transport services for one trip for removal is 6,400 soms, and the charge to the is only 2,450 soms.
1. Renewal of sewerage pipes is required
2. Construction of town sewage treatment plant or large volume septic tanks is required
3. Special equipment (transport) is required to remove waste
The telephone communication services in the town are provided by the Leilek Department of JSC ?Kyrgyz Telecom?, which serves 1,551 customers. There are 1295 analog numbers and 256 digital numbers, and 77 analog numbers in the village Samat. There is Central ATS (automated telephone system) in the town the based on ATS 100/2000 with a capacity for 2000 numbers, and in the village Samat there is ??S for 200 numbers.
Mailing services in the town are provided by Leilek branch of public enterprise ?Kyrgyzpochtasy?. Central Post Office serves Isfana town, villages. Tailan and bulak. The local postal telegraph office Ozdorush serves Micro Districts ?1, ?2 of Isfana and Golbo village.
1. In ability of the population to pay their bills and accounts receivables amounts to 3,603,300 soms.
2. Unstable communication related to disconnection of electricity.
3. Poor quality telephone communication between customers served by Leilek Branch, due to the deterioration of ATS equipment, telephone lines and cables.
4. Shortage of computers, obsolete equipment and it is impossible to connect to the Internet.
5. It is necessary to construct a new building for the local postal telegraph office Ozdorush.
4.12. HOUSEHOLD WASTE MANAGEMENT
Removal of household waste from residential houses and enterprises is carried out by JSC ?Leile-Kommunalshik?. 8,000 people out of 17,000 inhabitants use their services. The price for liquid waste removal is 650 soms per one trip, and for solid waste 450 soms.
Garbage collection in the town is performed four times a week by one team using a special vehicle (?-40). There are 5 waste dumps in the town, and the rest the waste is removed directly from residential houses, organizations and institutions. Loading and unloading is performed manually. 16,200 ?3 of solid waste is removed from the town area every year. Solid waste is taken to a dump located 6 km to the west of the town. This dump is owned by JSC Leilek Communalshik.
Actual revenues for 2004 were 10,515 soms, expenditures were 14,800 soms and losses were 4,285 soms.
1. Absence of specialized transport, bulldozers, excavators, graders, snow-ploughs, water carriers, etc.
2. Lack of money for spare parts and fuel
3. High levels of outstanding debts since 2003 - 8,500 soms.
4. Absence of mini-plant for solid wasted management.
4.13. LAND USE PLANNING (PERMITS)
Authorization and the production of permitting documents for the design, construction and re-profiling of buildings in the area of Town Administration are
is carried out by the Leilek Rayon Department of Architecture and Construction. The master plan for the future development of the town and villages was developed by Rayon Department of Architecture and Construction. In 2003, the master plan of Isfana town and villages was updated. The following timeframe and expenditures required for processing and production of permitting documents, according to Government Resolution no. 57, dated 02.03.00, is:
- For capital construction? 30 days
- For individual residential construction? 29 days
- For re-profiling ? 27 days
- For capital construction on investment projects ? 63 days.
- There are no funds for development of a new master plan for the future development of the town and villages.
The centralized heating systems installed in multi-storey blocks of apartments in the Microdistrict-1 were served by ?Oshtelploenergo?. In 1995, all boilers became the responsibility of the Isfana Town Administration. Due to lack of funds for serving the boiler-houses, deterioration of boilers and heating systems, most heating systems in residential multi-storey buildings are non-operational.
Currently there are 9 boiler-houses that are heating secondary schools. Out of 9 boiler-houses, 7 are use solid fuel and 2 use electricity.
Town Administration needs 1,400 tones of coal per year. In order to deliver coal from Sulucka to Isfana?s schools, it is necessary to pay 300 soms per ton of coal. Budget does not provide these funds and
, this money should be paid thru the special funds item in the municipal budget. 1400 tones of coal will cost 420,000 soms, but the special funds item is only 550,000 soms. For boilers heated by electricity the costs are 2,640 soms kw/hour.
1. Heating systems are worn out, therefore there is no heating in residential blocks of apartments.
2. Boiler houses in Micro District-1 and in the town?s center are worn out due to the lack of maintenance before they were handed over to the Town Administration. The boiler houses are very badly deteriorated. The boilers are not operational.
3. It is necessary to start construction of new boiler houses and new boilers have to be installed.
Roads of the Town Administration are served by rayon organization DEP ? 13. The
Llength of the Town Administration roads, which is served by DEP ? 13 is 47 km, of which asphalted roads - 47 km, graveled ? 17 km. The Osh - Isfana is an asphalted road with a length of 23 km and goes from the center of Isfana to the villages of Chymgen, Samat, Murza, and Patcha. Gravel roads are located: Isfana ? Golbo - 2 km, Isfana ? Ak-Bulak - 4 km, Samat ? BEshbala - 5 km, Isfana ? Andarak - 6 km. There are 6 bridges within jurisdiction of the Isfana Town Administration.
Length of roads within the town is? 32 km, asphalted roads ? 12 km, gravel roads ? 20 km, length of pavements ? 7 km.
1. All 12 km of asphalted roads require re-asphalting.
2. All gravel roads have to be asphalted
3. In order to avoid accidents, it is necessary to carry out timely road patching and repairs. Also, 9 additional traffic lights and 70 traffic signs need to be installed.
4. Construction of the bridges. Samat-Beshbala, (estimated cost 15 millions soms), and the bridge Isfana-Tailan (estimated cost ? 8 mil.soms).
5. In order to provide illumination to some parts of the town (2.5 km) ? 230 additional streetlights are required.
Leilek Rayon Administration overseas motor transport operation in the area of the Town Administration through its department of transport inspection. In 2002 a tender was conducted for serving passengers o
in bus routes. Cost of passenger transportation is agreed with the Batken Anti-monopoly commission.
Isfana Town Administration with rayon transport inspection department overseas operation of public transport routes for mini buses. In 2004, a tender was conducted for the routes Avtostantzia ? Micro-district-2, Avtostantzia ? AK-Bulak, Avtostantzia ? Samat, Avtostantzia ? Golbo. The charges to passengers on routes are
is agreed with the Town Administration.
There is an airport in the town, where air flights Bishkek-Isfana-Bishkek used to operate, however the airport is not used now, since most of population cannot afford the air fares.
JSC ?Jibek-Jolu?, is involved with carrying passengers and cargo.
There is one international route, 5 routes within the oblast (between towns), and nine suburban routes. Volume of transported cargo for 2003 was 24,100 thousands ton es.
Transport: buses ? 18, cargo transportation vehicles ? 12, motorcars ? 1, total 31 units. No. of employed people - 81
1. Unstable fuel prices
2. Lack of spare parts and component for repairs and maintenance.
3. No funds to renew vehicles. The
Aaverage age of a vehicle is between 12-15 years.
4. Runway of Isfana airport requires major repairs.
There is no gas supply in the town.
Registration of rights for real estate is performed by the Leilek Department for Land Use Organization and Registration of Real Estate. The Department consists of two units: land use organization and real estate registration and employ 17 people.
Rayon Environment Department overseas the issues of environment protection in the area of Town Administration. In order to improve the town and villages? environment, Town Administrations is always planting trees, creating gardens, and
, carries out street and park cleaning. In 2004, ?Araket-Leilek? Ltd through SGP Life Small Grant Program of Local Initiative Fund in Urban Environment under the project ?For Cleanliness of Isfana Environment? won a grant and built 5 new waste pits and cleaned the town garbage dump and built a new one. In general, the environmental conditions comply with normal standards.
There are the following problems: sewage of 16 multi-storey blocks of apartments and rayon hospital in Micro
-District 1, where liquid sewage waste has not been removed, it has formed stinking lakes. Therefore the smell in this district is always bad, particularly in summer months. This situation exposes the residents to potential sources of communicable diseases. In addition, this sewage waste seeps into river Isfana through the soil and pollutes the river. Hence, it is required to build a sewage treatment plant or provide a KAMAZ vehicle to pump it out and remove it.
Another environmental problem for Isfana
? is mudflows which flow thru the town every year, often destroying farms and residential houses.
Protection dams have to build alongside the riverbanks.
Significant attention is paid to the town?s appearance and decoration. Production of slogans and posters, and memorials and obelisks are renovated. However, due to insufficient financing many town improvement works are not being implemented.
1. Lacks of funds for sanitary cleaning, planting trees, and waste removal.
2. No irrigation water for water plants in Micro Districts ?1 and ?2.
3. Lack of funds to control the number of rodents (purchase of poison, traps, etc.).
4. It is necessary to build sewage treatment plant or
t to provide special equipment for removal of liquid waste.
5. Construction of gabions alongside Isfana riverbanks, going through Isfana town, villages Ak-Bulak, Chymgen, Samat, Murza ? Patcha, Tailan.
6. Some funds are required in order to plant trees in the town?s streets and parks, to buy young plants, and also irrigation along the roads and pavements.
4.20. CIVIL DEFENCE (CD)
CD of Isfana Town Administration is formed from Town Administration personnel and it is a subordinate of the Rayon CD Department.
Actual budget expenditures in 2003 amounted to 11,600,000 soms, including 438,000 soms for utility services. The original approved revenue plan for 2004 was 9,567,000 soms and approved utility expenditures - 200,000 soms.
Actual expenditures in 2004 were 9,052, 600 for 10 months and 8,841,700 was allocated to education.
Revenue Part of the Budget of Isfana Town Administration (thousands soms)
Type of Revenue
Taxes for providing user charges to population
Fees for wastes removal (non-agricultural tax)
Tax from vehicles owners
Land tax from individuals
Land tax from legal entities
Total for local taxes
Total tax and non-tax revenues
Funds transferred from the republican budget
Total revenues with regards to formal transfers
Expenditure Part of Isfana Town Administration (in thousands soms)
Sections of Expenditures
Housing and Public Utility
Culture and sport
Expenditures under special means
Social Fund Contributions
Traveling expenses within a country
Procurement of equipment and materials, water
Drugs, and medical supplies, electricity.
Utility costs, telephone
Other materials and services, coal
Total expenditures for all economic items
6. MUNICIPAL ASSETS
There are 52 assets recorded on the balance sheet of the Town Administration (building, constructions, and communications) with a book value of 32,687,000 soms.
Year went into Operation
Street illumination network
Town Administration?s building
Canals, aryk (irrigation ditches) networks
Secondary school ?Isfana?
Secondary school ?8-of March?
Secondary school named afterTocktogul
Secondary school named after Alisher Navoi
Secondary school ?Tailan?
Secondary school named after Sadykov
Secondary school named after ?. Japarov
Gymnasium ?1 (kindergarten Cheburashka) .
Secondary school ?Yssyk-Kol?
Secondary school named after Gagarin
Secondary school named after Amir-Timur
Transmission Lines ?Ak-Bulak?
Water pipe ?Chymgen?
Water pipe ?Samat?
Transmission Lines ?Chymgen?
Building of Rayon Military Commission
Building of JSC ?Leilek-Communalshik?
Sauna (banya) Samat
Pump station ?Chymgen?
Transmission Lines ?Samat?
Sauna (banya) ?Isfana?
Sauna (banya) ?Samat?
Elementary school ?Kutchutoo?
Water pipeline of Micro
Water pipeline of Micro
Water pipeline ?Golbo?
Collective Farm Market
Shop of the town administration
Kiosk (little shop) ?Chymgen?
7. NGOs AND ORGANIZATIONS FORMED BY COMMUNITY
Isfana town is divided into 2 territorial public governance areas: Isfana-1 and Isfana-2, and in addition there are some in the villages of Murza-Patcha, Samat, Chymgen, Tailan, Akbulak and Golbo.
There are 14 registered NGOs: an NGO for Patriotic War veterans ? 1, of Afghanistan War veterans NGO ? 1, Youth NGO - 1, Women NGO ? 1, Refugees NGO ? 1.8 grants and investments were attracted due to the activities of these NGOs.
There are 10 mosques on the territory of Town Administration, including ? 3 in Isfana, 1 in Murza-Patcha, Samat ? 2, Chymgen ? 2, Akbulak ? 1, Golbo ? 1.
There is a Center of Uzbek National Culture.
There is 1 rayon Kyrgyz language newspaper ?Ata-Zjurt? (published once a week, circulation of 1,500 copies.).